Scotiabank is one of the largest banks in Canada, serving over 23 million customers all over the world. When you bank with Scotiabank, you will have access to over 1,000 branches and more than 3,500 Scotiabank ABMs across Canada, so it’s easy to find one near your school or residence.
The Scotiabank StartRight® Program for international students doesn’t just help you apply for your Study Permit, it offers so much more including: a banking package that lets you bank with no monthly fees, an unsecured credit card with free movie rewards and a suite of products and services that can help you enjoy your time in Canada. We collaborate with the Canadian government to assist students pursue their studies in Canada.
The Scotiabank Student GIC Program (SSGP) enables you to meet the requirements of the Citizenship and Immigration Canada guidelines and provides access to funds to help pay for living expenses while you’re studying in Canada.
Under this program, you can purchase a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from Scotiabank for $10,000 Canadian dollars (CAD). A GIC is an investment account that offers a guaranteed interest rate over a fixed period of time
- $2,000 CAD plus any accrued interest will be deposited into your personal bank account when you arrive in Canada.
- Each month, for 12 months, you’ll receive a portion of the balance of your investment back, plus interest.
- You can use these funds to help pay for living expenses while you’re studying in Canada.
- After 12 months, you’ll have received your $10,000 CAD investment back
- The fee for this program is $200 CAD.
How the process works
Kindly visit the below link for the details of the process: